A Taylor Swift Surprise Gift

A Taylor Swift Surprise Gift

July 24th, 2020

First she became Country music’s little darling with three smash albums in a row. Then she turned her back on her Country roots and became America’s Pop Princess. Now, with her surprise new album release, Taylor Swift is labeled “Alternative.” That’s right. When the 2021 Grammys come along next year her latest, Folklore will no doubt be up for Best Alternative Album. And it may just be her best album to date. Written and recorded entirely while Taylor was in isolation during the pandemic quarantine, we find her in a melancholy and mellow mood, light years away from her the bright lights and pop magic of her last CD, Lover. But it fits the times we live in and it hits home. And even though for the music world, it came as a unexpected gift, Taylor says the timing was right. “Before this year I probably would’ve over thought when to release this music at the ‘perfect’ time, but the times we’re living in keep reminding me that nothing is guaranteed. My gut telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world. That’s the side of uncertainty I can get on board with,” said Taylor. After listening to the 16 track album, fans and critics alike are glad she didn’t make us wait. After 14 years, eight albums, and 10 Grammy Awards, with Folklore Taylor might have managed to make us all “Swifties.”

1. Noelle Tomlinson says:

Taylor Swift nailed it with Folklore. It is the right album at the right time. If “August” doesn’t make you cry, you aren’t human. Thank you Taylor for giving us this incredible album.

Noelle Tomlinson
    Washington D. C.

2. Bree Winter says:

When I look back on 2020, this will be the album I will remember with songs that will stay with me forever. We are living in a terrible time in history, but true artists like Taylor Swift come along with songs that reflect who we are and where we have been. Folklore is a masterpiece. Her best album yet.

Bree Winter
    Tallahassee, FL

You keep growing as artist, Taylor. This one you hit out of the park.

• The Man In the Booth says:

I wouldn’t go so far to say Taylor hit it out of the park, Mike. It’s a good album, a different twist for her and will do well. I’m interested to see where she goes from here.

The Man in the Booth

4. Alexa Chadwick says:

I’m a Swiftie and have been since Day 1. Taylor Swift always gives me songs I can relate to and her concerts are amazing. She gives to her fans like no other artist. I am not surprised Folklore is a great album because that is just Taylor being Taylor. Definitely album of the year.

Alexa Chadwick
    Henderson, NV

5. Justin Yee says:

You got to love Taylor Swift. While Kanye is talking about dropping his album right away as he runs for President (come on man), runs his mouth about his wife and mother in law ands runs off to some place in Wyoming, Taylor simply releases what is her best album to date. No drama, just good music. Sorry Kanye. She beat you again.

Justin Yee
    San Diego, CA

6. Jackey Cutler says:

This is an interesting album. I can’t say I like every song on it, but it has its moments. Is this my favourite Taylor Swift album? No, but it’s good and will no doubt win awards come award season.

Jackey Cutler