ARVIE BENNETT JR AINT JUST A COWBOY

ARVIE BENNETT JR AINT JUST A COWBOY

July 31st, 2019

Arvie Bennett Jr. has a big hit on his hands with “Just A Cowboy.”  The single is not only moving to Top5 status in record time on our Country Top50, it’s also breaking on the AC40 format as well, making this single a crossover smash.  Born to teen parents in the small mill town of Ninety-Six, South Carolina, Arvie Bennett Jr. began his life far away from the bright lights of the stage. Most of Arvie’s childhood days were spent on his grandparents’ farm, learning and living the life of a cowboy. A fast forward to the road to Nashville, TN where  Arvie Bennett Jr. has experienced the extreme highs and lows that inevitably come with being an artist. In 2008, Arvie met his beautiful wife Bunny and released his second solo project, That’s Just Me. This collection of country songs was based on Arvie and Bunny’s romance, as well as backwoods roots. The album was an immediate local success leading to the formation of the Arvie Jr. Band, which would perform at over 1,200 events over the next six years throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee. During this year, Arvie was also a finalist in the Texaco Country Showdown. In 2012, Arvie came to Nashville  to record for the first time. Two separate albums came out of that particular project, Leaving Normal and Arvie Jr. Band. Again, both albums saw local success and continued to push the Arvie Jr. Band forward toward larger shows and more recognition. Goin’ Outlaw was the first time Arvie used his real band, instead of studio musicians, on one of his projects. With a 38 show CD release tour on the calendar, the Spring of 2016 looked like a breakout year for the Arvie Jr. Band. There was a time for a year and a half that Arvie didn’t perform live but worked on a “Tiny House” and honed his guitar and writing skills. When the time was perfect, he began to perform live again throughout Nashville and the surrounding areas as a solo artist. In October 2018,  recorded Just A Cowboy, a six-song EP of original music. The title track is zooming on the charts and across the airwaves. “I love what I do, and I am thankful people like my music,” stated the always humble Arvie. “It’s a blessing to be able to do what you love.” Well, Arvie is making a lot of people happy with his music. Fans and radio have embraced him and are looking forward to all Arvie Bennett, Jr. has to give. And there is a lot more from where “Just A Cowboy” came from.

1. Butter Hayes says:

One of my favorite songs this year is “Just a Cowboy.” Love Arvie’s voice!

Butter Hayes
    Memphis, TN

2. Alyson Avery says:

I just love learning about the singer whose song I love. Thank you NRH for letting me know about Arvie Bennett Jr. “Just a Cowboy “ is one of my favorite songs and I can’t wait to see what comes next because I already know it will be really good!

Alyson Avery
    St. Joseph, MO

• Alyson…I hope that Just A Cowboy gave you a glimpse into my life and some of my struggles as an individual. My life has been interesting to say the least but I consider myself blessed to have experienced everything I have, good and bad.

3. Sean Kamanski says:

I agree with everyone else who has commented—- I love “Just a Cowboy.” Definitely one of the Top songs of the year for me. Hoping Arvie will come to Tucson for a concert because I would be there for sure.

Sean Kamanski
    Tucson, AZ

• Sean…Bunny and I hope to make it out your way real soon! We have some family in that area of the country that might let us crash at their place! Thanks for supporting Just A Cowboy.

Make your listeners happy and spin the heck out of this song. With a song this good, you know there is more coming down the pipeline from Arvie Bennett Jr.

• Mike…thanks for spinning Just A Cowboy and encouraging other folks to do the same! It’s my hope that the song will move folks hearts in a unique and special way. As Jamey Johnson said, “That’s why I write songs.”

5. Lola Lee Little says:

I love a humble man and Arvie Bennett Jr. fits that mold. I will support him and his good songs until hell freezes over. Good music, good man is a winner to me.

Lola Lee Little
    Tupelo, MS

• Lola Lee…I wish I could say I was a humble man but I have a long way to go. My pride still causes me way to0 many problems but I try each day to be the kind of man that my six children can look up to and follow. Thank you so much for your undying support of my music.

6. Mickey Bunn says:

Arvie is the REAL DEAL. If you have not witnessed him performing live, you are in for a treat. Just a Cowboy is great, but hey, it’s Arvie. I wouldn’t expect anything less.

• What’s up my good friend Mickey Bunn? Thank you for the kind words and for giving me the opportunity to play on the World Famous Grinder’s Switch Hour! Y’all have been a blessing to me, my family, and my career! Love y’all!

7. Phyllis jett says:

Great song arvie such great person has a great voice hope just cowboy will reach #1 I love the song favorite

• Thank you Miss Phyllis! Glenn and your support for my music has been immeasurable! We love y’all so much and hope to get you those backstage passes to the Grand Ole’ Opry one day!

8. Lynn freeman says:

Arvie is such a talented person. Just a cowboy is a great hit for him. He has many great works but this is one of my favs. If you have never seen him perform you are missing out. Great music from a very humble talented person.

• Thank you Lynn…The support, love, and prayers that you and Donnie have given us has been amazing! We wouldn’t be here without your nudge, or maybe your push, out the door! Thank you for always believing in me! Love y’all!

9. Johnny Bedford says:

This song makes me think of BBQ, a “feel good” food! hahaha
    It’s the same feeling I get listening to this song that says, hey you’re not the only one struggling dude! Arvie weaves his life and songs with a Biblical background that speaks to all of us with the same childhood. Oh, but we’re still Outlaws!!! But we’re in pretty good company, Waylon, Willie, Billy Joe Shaver, Jesus….

• John…all I can say is that I love you brother! You have been my mentor and friend for many years now. I have always and will always appreciate how you never “BS” me and always shoot me straight, even if I don’t like what you have to say! Like I’ve said to you many times…I don’t need a “Yes” man in my life, I need a friend who challenges me to grow. Brother…you have always been that friend!